How do I download these audiobooks from Google Play?
You can listen to audiobooks purchased from Google Play by following these steps:
- Download the Google Play Books app to your device by navigating to the Apps store on your device and searching for “Google Play Books.” The app is free, so all you need to press is “Get” and the app will begin downloading to your device.
- Once the app is downloaded, you will be prompted to open the app. Once you’ve opened it, you will need to either sign in with an existing Google account, or create a new account.
- Once you are signed into your app, go to your Email and open up your Audio Thicket newsletter. Find the audiobook you are interested in purchasing and click on the “Google Play” link beneath the title.
- Once you have entered your payment information and purchased the book, it will prompt you to use the Google Play Books app to start listening. Press the “Start Listening” button, and you will be taken to your Google Play Books app.
- Once in your Google Play Books app, navigate to the “Library” tab to find your recently purchased audiobook. You still need to download this audiobook to your device to be able to listen offline. To do this, click on the white arrow facing downward located on the bottom right hand corner of the cover of the audiobook. Once the book has finished downloading, a white checkmark will appear in place of the arrow. Now you are ready to listen!
- To listen, tap the book cover and enjoy!
- To come back to your book at a later time, simply find the Google Play Books app on your device, click on it, navigate to your Library tab, and your book(s) will be there for you to resume or listen to again.