How do I download these audiobooks from Kobo?
You can listen to audiobooks purchased from Kobo by following these steps:
- Navigate to kobo.com on your listening device.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the upper righthand corner of your screen to open up the menu and choose “Create account.”
- Enter your email address and a password and press “Continue.” Once you’ve done this, you will be taken back to the website home page.
- At the top of the website you will see an option to download the Kobo Books app. If you don’t see it, scroll to the very bottom of the page. There you will see the option to “Get the Free App.” Click on the plus sign to expand, and choose where to download the app from. If you are an android user, this will be the Google Play store. If you are an Apple user, this will be the App Store.
- Once you have opened the app in the app store, you will need to download it to your device. This app is completely free, and you will not be charged.
- Once you have downloaded the app, go to your Email and open up the Audio Thicket newsletter. Find the audiobook you are interested in purchasing and click on the “Kobo” link beneath the title to go to the purchasing page.
- This is where things can get tricky. From here, make sure that you scroll down all the way to the gray “Buy Now” button. You will have to scroll past a red button that says “$0.00 with Free Trial.” Do not choose this button unless you want to start a monthly subscription with Kobo. This subscription is not free.
- If you do not want to start a monthly subscription, scroll past this red button down to where it says “Your price.” This is the price you will be charged when you press the “Buy Now” button. Note: If the book is free, you will scroll down to where it says “Add to My Books” which is also a red button.
- If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to sign in when you click the “Buy Now” button. To do this, you need to choose the black button that says “Rakuten kobo.” You will then use the email and password you used to set up your account in step 3.
- Once you are signed in, you will need to press the “Buy Now” button again to actually purchase the book. From here, you will need to add your payment details and confirm the purchase.
- Once you have made your purchase, open up the Kobo Books app on your listening device. Navigate to Audiobooks, which should be the option at the bottom of your screen, in the middle.
- Once there, you should see the audiobook you just purchased. To listen to it, you will need to press the black, downward facing error in the right hand corner to download the book. Once it’s finished downloading, that arrow will disappear.
- To listen, tap the book cover and enjoy!